Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to communicate (transmit and receive data )USB 8502  with hardware interface

hello

i am just beginner for working first time on USB 8502 communication. please help me.

Now i am working on communicate (transmit and receive data )USB 8502  with hardware interface  (LPC 2129 )but they cannot communicate with each other so .PLEASE send the steps for how to transmit and receive data from USB 8502 to hardware interface and send also VI for transmit and receive data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,038 Views)

First did you install a programming language and XNet drivers?  If you did install LabVIEW and XNet then there are many included examples to get things going.  Go to Help >> Find Examples and search XNet or go into the categories to find the XNet examples to see some basics.  The basics of Frame In and Frame Out is useful and might be what you are looking for unless you are given a DBC which will mean the Signal API would be easier to use.

If you are new to CAN in general then I'd suggest reading up on it and a good place to start (in my biased opinion) is my CAN Blog series.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,025 Views)

Good morning,

As I see I have the same issue,

Let me explain my situation:

Im using a USB2CAN monitor From ESAB to communicate to the PIC of one PCB, using a software telegram to test it, and works good but  this take so much time for a tester, for that reason we decided to buy the usb-8502 to try to test this automated, using labview instead the software telegram.

the pin out that I have from the usb2can is:

GND

Lo

HI

Taking the pinout from the 8502 I took

pin 3 COM as GND

pin 2 CAN_L as Lo

Pin 7 CAN_H as Hi

when I tryied to send frames to the PIC nothing happens

In my current telegram test I used

ID           501

LENGHT   8

D0           01

D1           01

AND I have a reponse as

ID           601

LENGHT   8

D0           01

D1           07

Im trying to follow the samples but I dont have any success about this. What should be the best sample that I need to follow? or what config is the one that I need to do?

in advance thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(348 Views)

You can use the NI-XNET Bus Monitor to transmit and receive the frame. This would help to isolate any physical issues. 

A few more things to try:

• If your USB-8502 has two CAN ports, do a loopback to make sure your cable is wired correctly.
  • Make sure you have termination resistors on CAN cables.

You can refer to NI-XNET Troubleshooting Guide for more details.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(339 Views)

Hi, thank you for the feedback,

- yes it has the two CAN ports, Im working to have the correct cable.

Jedah_0-1715711021254.png 

Jedah_1-1715711187411.png

these diagrams are from the manual of the ni-xnet.

I did the Can loopback and looks the cables is my rootcause. As soon I got the correct cable I give my results.

thanks

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(286 Views)

I again, how or where I can found how to set up the bus monitor to send the fram.

sorry Im so green in this.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(248 Views)