LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-Bit Microsoft Excel with 32-Bit LabVIEW Environment

Solved!
Go to solution

While this may not be relevant to this specific post, I wanted to put this here in case others were looking for a solution.

Users should consider that the registry settings might not be pointing to the 64-bit Office. That was my case as to why the RGT wouldn't run AT ALL.

Refer to this post I made about another poster having issues with Excel. If this is the case, the RGT won't function at all and won't have any of the options listed when right-clicking.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(269 Views)

Andrew,

Did you fix the NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel_open.vi like I posted above? That VI also crashed my LV and once I removed the Version from the property node everything worked.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(259 Views)

Eric,

THANK YOU! That registry key fix now makes the property nodes always come up. I'm going to bookmark that post.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(251 Views)

I'll attempt to add the 32 bit registry key to see if it helps.  I never had any issue with the Excel Open VI or a few others that I tested to insert text.  The only issue was 'missing member' error during the save operation.  By doing the simple re-linking allowed the save vi to operate successfully.  However, I was attempting to access other nodes to get the file path out and this call crashed LabVIEW.  So, even by re-linking with LV2024 there seems to still be library call issues.  I have not dug further into it yet.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(240 Views)

I don't have LV 2024 so I'm not sure about that version. My only suggestion is to try the RGT but open a Word report instead of Excel and see if LV crashes. Don't forget to first fix the Word ActiveX by linking to MSWORD.OLB. The reason I say try Word is because I didn't have to fix any subVIs for the RGT to create a Word report. If the crash is only when creating an Excel report then dig into the subVIs to see which one causes the crash. If the Word crashes too then it is probably a bigger issue with the RGT and Office.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(233 Views)