LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AM demodulation

Hello!

I am facing a difficulty in detection of the AM wave in the received side. The received wave contains full of noise and even though by changing the values of frequency, amplitude, number of samples the problem still exists.

I tried to filter the signal using a Chebyshev filter for bandpass and Butterworth filter for lowpass. They're also coming with so much of noise. I am adding my receiver design herewith. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(796 Views)

So the difficulty is that there is too much noise. Where does the signal come from? What hardware do you use? How do you process it? so many questions!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(776 Views)

@Varun1103 wrote:

Hello!

I am facing a difficulty in detection of the AM wave in the received side. The received wave contains full of noise and even though by changing the values of frequency, amplitude, number of samples the problem still exists.

I tried to filter the signal using a Chebyshev filter for bandpass and Butterworth filter for lowpass. They're also coming with so much of noise. I am adding my receiver design herewith. 

No matter what is going on, you will want to reduce as much noise as possible in the analog domain, there is no good reason to digitize noise. 

(754 Views)

Can you outline exactly the process you are using to "demodulate" your AM signal.

I presume the first step is to multiply with the carrier signal, right? The frequency you're interested in demodulating? This is actually the step which allows lock-ins to remove so much noise. Filtering comes afterwards.

Message 4 of 5
(738 Views)

What's your AM transmitter and what's your AM receiver?

Without this information all I can tell you to do is try harder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(721 Views)