LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with Saving Data to Word or Excel from LabVIEW

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project in LabVIEW and would like to save the collected data into a Word or Excel document. So far, I've managed to save an image of my VI, but I would prefer to save the data in a way that allows easy editing, which is why I'm looking to export it to either Word or Excel.

The idea is to save the data in a format that allows for edits and later convert it to PDF if needed. I'm leaning towards saving it in a Word document because it seems more flexible for editing and conversion, but I'm open to suggestions—such as Excel—if that's more practical.

I've attached my VI file so you can better understand what I'm trying to achieve. If anyone could provide suggestions or examples on how to accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it!

This is just a way to organize in a better way 

MarcusP_0-1726665915916.png

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(138 Views)

Olá a todos,

Estou trabalhando em um projeto no LabVIEW e gostaria de salvar os dados coletados em um documento Word ou Excel. Até agora, consegui salvar uma imagem do meu VI, mas gostaria de saber se há uma maneira mais eficaz de salvar os dados de forma que eu possa fazer algumas edições e depois converter para PDF, se necessário.

A ideia é que os dados sejam salvos em um formato que permita alterações fáceis. Eu estou mais inclinado a salvar em um documento Word devido à flexibilidade na edição e na conversão para PDF. No entanto, também estou aberto a outras sugestões, como salvar em Excel se isso for mais prático.

Anexei o arquivo do VI para que vocês possam entender melhor o que estou tentando realizar. Se alguém puder oferecer sugestões ou exemplos de como fazer isso, eu ficaria muito agradecido!

uma pequena modificação, talvez isso fique melhor de organizar 

MarcusP_0-1726665807308.png

Obrigado pela ajuda!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(141 Views)

I'm not certain that I understand what you are trying to do.  It appears to me that you want to save data (probably to disk) in a format that is "human-friendly", easy to view and easy to manipulate.

The most direct way to do this is to save the data in some form of Text file, or export it to a "Data-managing" program like Excel.  LabVIEW has a number of ways to do this.  One way (which would easily produce a text file that looks similar to what you show in your picture) is Write Delimited Spreadsheet, which (by default) saves a text file in a version of the Comma-separated-variable format (with, by default, a <tab> in place of the comma).  Using <tab> can make your data "line up in columns", though you have to choose a format that doesn't flow past the next Tab-stop, which typically means the data needs to fit into 7 spaces (with the 8th being <tab>, which LabVIEW puts in for you).  [You can also use commas, <,>, and not worry about columns "looking neatly lined up").

Other methods are to use the Report Generation Toolkit, which will let you save your data directly into Word or Excel.  These require a little more work, and what might be an "extra-cost" Toolkit.

Finally, a note -- the LabVIEW Forums are a great place to come and ask questions, as there are many participants who have been using LabVIEW for at least a decade.  However, long-time LabVIEW users typically do not purchase new LabVIEW licenses every year, and LabVIEW code (VIs) cannot be opened or inspected (or tested!) if saved in the "latest version".  The recommendation on the Forum (that I and others have made) is to "Save for Previous Version", and specify LabVIEW 2019 or 2021 (those are the most frequently mentioned, both of which I have, but nothing more recent ...).

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 4
(97 Views)

Thank you very much, Bob.

This can really help me, but I still didn’t fully understand the step-by-step process needed to pass that tab you mentioned. Maybe it’s because I don’t fully understand how LabVIEW works yet (I've only been using it for three months). I also want to apologize for not knowing that using the latest versions could cause problems. I did try to save it in the 2023 version, but this time I'll attach it in the 2020 version. Thanks for the heads-up!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(75 Views)