LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: LV crashes when autocreating controls/indicators of free wire

Solved!
Go to solution

A cowworker clicks a lot while thinking often creating wires. These are most often not connected to anything and the new autocreate controls (which is a neat idea) don't know what to create and spins crazy and crashes LV.

Can it be turned off?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 1 of 12
(458 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

A cowworker clicks a lot while thinking often creating wires. These are most often not connected to anything and the new autocreate controls (which is a neat idea) don't know what to create and spins crazy and crashes LV.

Can it be turned off?

A coworker of mine has a more annoying habit of moving things around while thinking, then putting them back and SAVING it.  That used to work back in the days before versioning software (although even then this was not considered good practices), and of course when I review changes, I have to ask about the VI that changed but wasn't captured in the change log.  Not to mention the space wasted by committing a file that didn't need to be committed. 

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 12
(407 Views)

@Yamaeda  ha scritto:

A cowworker clicks a lot while thinking often creating wires

I thought you only had goatworkers.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 3 of 12
(374 Views)

@billko wrote:

A coworker of mine has a more annoying habit of moving things around while thinking, then putting them back and SAVING it. 

I do that (moving while thinking, not the saving per se). There's a time for that. When developing in parallel, it's not the time to do that, unless it's your part of the code to deal with.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(366 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@billko wrote:

A coworker of mine has a more annoying habit of moving things around while thinking, then putting them back and SAVING it. 

I do that (moving while thinking, not the saving per se). There's a time for that. When developing in parallel, it's not the time to do that, unless it's your part of the code to deal with.

Sorry, the annoying part was the saving, not the moving.  I understand the moving part.  It directs your attention to each part of the code you are moving around, kind of like a spotlight.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(353 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

@Yamaeda  ha scritto:

A cowworker clicks a lot while thinking often creating wires

I thought you only had goatworkers.

Why can't i find my Dilbert strips when i need them ... (that's where the expression is from)

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(340 Views)

@billko wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@billko wrote:

Sorry, the annoying part was the saving, not the moving.  I understand the moving part.  It directs your attention to each part of the code you are moving around, kind of like a spotlight.

I got that. You won't even notice without the save.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(330 Views)

No ini-key to stop this action, or something?

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yamaeda

@Yamaeda wrote:

No ini-key to stop this action, or something?

This one may be:

DoubleClickWhenWiringCreation=False

?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Public-Beta-Program-in/New-Feature-Double-click-to-Finish-Wiring-an...

Message 9 of 12
(290 Views)

Worth a try!

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(277 Views)