cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Method to handle waveform graph cursor matching

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a very complex code that is running into memory issues, so I am trying to improve how I handle certain events to improve memory.  One aspect of the code is 8 waveform graphs that have cursors set up, and if the user changes the location of one cursor, the others cursors will automatically change in kind.  I created a simplified code, which I will post, that shows how I handled this, which involved a lot of property nodes.  I believe property nodes are known to take up memory, so I wanted to see if there was a better way to get all the cursors to match across the graphs.

I appreciate your input!  

(I am using labview 18 if that matters)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bridangelo

You only seem to be interested in the x position, so all you probably need is one event case for all:

(Make sure the cursor events for all graphs are set to 1 even history)

altenbach_1-1704997484937.png

And no, none of this has anything to do with "memory problems" (sic). If you want to solve memory problems, we would need to see the rest of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(489 Views)

Thanks for this.  This is much cleaner.  I'll implement this.  It's unfortunate that this wont help me with using less memory, but it still should help clean everything up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(445 Views)