LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built Applications and NI-Max

Solved!
Go to solution

If I am running an application built with Application Builder, would it be possible to fully utilize NI-Max on the target machine (not the dev machine)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(92 Views)

NI-MAX is independent of the application you build using LabVIEW application builder.

NI-MAX is used to manage NI hardware.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(88 Views)

Thanks Santhosh, but what I'm trying to figure out is this: on the target machine NI-Max is not fully enabled and needs to be licensed to enable test panels and such.  I would like to run test panels and maybe manage channels on the target machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(77 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mike_in_Dallas

On the target machine, did you install NI-VISA and NI-DAQmx?  And if so, did you install the run-time versions or the full versions?

I seem to remember that installing the full versions of both on a machine that only has LabVIEW runtime does enable test panels and channel configurations.  Both the full versions are free, same as the runtime ones, they just take a bit more space to download and install.

Message 4 of 5
(67 Views)

When you build your installer for the application, you can add NI-MAX, see below.

mcduff_0-1728683024768.png

Message 5 of 5
(63 Views)