LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can "OPEN VI REFERENCE" not open a VI of a different LabVIEW version? Error Code 1031

I have created a Packed Library parser that I've distributed to multiple colleagues.  In my foolishness, I made a 2020 and a 2023 packed library version.  No real reason for this other than at the time, it was the simple thing to do.  But of course, as updates to what I'm parsing come, I find myself having to update both with the same update and that's of course dumb.

I want to distribute just a 2020 version.  The packed library does in fact build with the "Allow future versions of LabVIEW to load this packed library" checked.  I have been able to successfully drop the parser VI from the packed library onto a blocked diagram in the 2023 realm and run it without issue.  However... I do not appear to be able to run it when using "Open VI Reference."

For starters, yes I know the VI template I have is "good" and it works cuz I do this with the 2023 version of the parser all the time.  So I made a new template, dropped the 2020 parser onto the blocked diagram, created all the controls and indicators, and checked, double checked, and tripled check the terminals are correct.  The names should definitely be correct.  Yet... I get error code 1031.  From what I've read, error code 1031 is a wrong terminal error.  So I've checked and checked again and ran it with the 2023 packed library no issue.

So, this begs the question, can you not run different versions of packed libraries through the Open VI Reference?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(102 Views)

It may have to do with a specific terminal data type on your connector pane? Anything special about that?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(45 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

It may have to do with a specific terminal data type on your connector pane? Anything special about that?

There's really only one unique data type, it's a type def of array of cluster.  But, like I mentioned, my template is updated with that type def.  Cuz I thought this very thing and have checked that. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(17 Views)