LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create image display reference control(?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Simply can't create control from an image display reference so I can't change its properties from other VIs. Works with other type of references.

The method I tried is just the normal one:

1. place an image display to the FP
  2. Create a reference
  3. Create an indicator to the output of the reference, but nothing happens at this step

I have tried to wire the reference to a for loop and create a subVI from the loop and the reference wire, but no subVI was created.

Could someone check this to see if its just me? (I was able to reproduce it on two difference PCs, both running LV2022Q3)

Thanks.

KB article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019M2pSAE&l=hu-HU

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by 1984

Hi 1984,

Apparently there is a bug that prevents from creating a control/indicator from the IMAQ Image Control Refnum data type, and the article you mentioned appears to omit this little annoying detail. So your only option is to pass it as a generic "Control", then use to more specific inside the SubVI with a Refnum Constant.

GUI VI:

raphschru_0-1695054900484.png

SubVI:

raphschru_1-1695054948400.png

This particular data type is really weird because even malleable VIs cannot adapt and have it as an input…

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 2 of 5
(845 Views)

Thanks mate! Do you know if this bug is already reported?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(801 Views)

I reported it 6 or 7 years ago, not sure which version were affected but I could create it in an older version of LabVIEW and then move the VI to a newer version.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(790 Views)

Interesting. Would you mind attaching a VI which has a ImageControl reference control and a constant? Not sure if that would work but I'd try just using those in my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(780 Views)