LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two SCB boxes to the same Target computer

Hi,

I have an experimental setup which I have to operate using Labview Host-Target setup. I have an SCB-68 for signal routing, but the total analog and digital signals to be routed have exceeded the total pin connections available on the SCB-68.

Is it possible to connect two SCB-68 terminal blocks to the same Target computer to run the experiment, or do I need a different terminal block with more pin connections?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(354 Views)

The SCB-68 is simply a breakout for signals that route to another device.   

Perhaps,  you could specify how many channels you need? #of:

• AI signals? Single ended or Double ended 
  • AO channels? 
  • HOW many DIO?

We really need a channel count to help.

Of course we need to know what devices are between the SCB-68 and each end.  Seriously, you mentioned only one single assembly in your system and implied that that specific assembly may be the only concern.   Please don't make us assume that!  Describe the system entirely!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(347 Views)

I need18 DIOs and 10 AIs (single ended) in my setup.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(326 Views)

To reiterate, SCB box is a breakout box and just routes the signals from the cable connected to a "DAQ" to screw terminals.

What DAQ do you have?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(301 Views)

@islamkha wrote:

That's a start.  What DAQ device is that connected with?  

In general you are going to need 16 AI  channels ( Single ended ) that will break out 32 lines plus 5V and AGND for 34 of those 68 pins. PLUS 4  8bit ports or 32 DIO pins plus DGND, shield and EARTH then the 2pin "connected" pair, Add em up! that is 69. 

Way, weigh, whey...there is no "F" in way.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(291 Views)

I am using the FPGA, PCIe-7852R as DAQ device

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(240 Views)

@islamkha wrote:

Unfortunately, 7852R has only 8AIs across the three VHDCI connectors to begin with.

santo_13_1-1722255991279.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(232 Views)

yes, you can, this board has 3-  68 pin connectors, you can attach one SCB 68 for each connector. 

Message 8 of 8
(217 Views)