LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting wav sound file to stream of bits

Hi,

I am working on a project to transmit and receive a wav sound file, I want to convert it to stream of bits so i can make channel encoding on it, but when I try the Analog to Digital function it gives me a digital waveform not a stream of bits which can't be used in the coding functions. any ideas on how to convert it to stream of bits to be compatible with the coding functions ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(783 Views)

Your description is too vague to know what you really need.  But here's something:

sb.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(734 Views)

Hi Paul, thx for replying.

I think you did understand what I am trying to do, yes, I am trying to get the sound wave as a stream of bits to be able to channel encode it and modulate it, but I am concerned of two things,

first how would I do the processing on them, in other words, should I modulate the left bits alone and encode it, and then the right bits alone also,

and the leads to the second concern,

second how would I recombine them to a wav sound file again?

I hope you please provide me with the names of the function as I am having a hard time finding most of them, or simply if it's okay attach the vi file.

and thx again for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(726 Views)

If the ,wav file is monophonic, "Left Bits" will be the audio bitstream, and "Right Bits" will be empty.

If the ,wav file is stereophonic, "Left Bits" will be the bitstream for the left channel, and "Right Bits" will be the bitstream for the right channel.

As for the processing, since I am unable to read your mind, I have no idea what sort of processing you are trying to accomplish; which means I can't give you any clues.

See the attached file for how to go from a bitstream to a .wav file.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(703 Views)