LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmax - USB-6211

Hi,

i know that the bottom right corner is reserved for errors cluster, but is this something problematic if i assign it to another kind of variable?

Best regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(253 Views)

Hi Zuc,

@Zuc_Lab wrote:

is this something problematic if i assign it to another kind of variable?

As I wrote: in the first moment I missed the connection because of its highly unusual placement.

StyleGuide helps to create code readable to most users…

For TestStand the placement should be irrelevant as you assign your variable to those VI IOs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(245 Views)

Hi,

You're right GerdW, sorry for that!

I discovered the issue! Even if i don't know the cause. In my sequence I call a vi which return to the sequence the container task_out for identifying the task of an NI USB-6211. When I close the task, I have observed that the associated container for is not filled with values, so going around in the sequence and in the vi I have found this setting in the sequence: the parameter TaskAnalogicGenerationParameter has only the [In] option, but I have never setted it like that.

Zuc_Lab_2-1719830834244.png

Then by copying the same container from another subsequence where the vi works and the container receive the value, in the same tab I see that the TaskAnalogicGeneration has both the [In] and [Out] properties. Why? Where can I act to modify those things? Since I have done unintentionally, I was trying to understand it. Since in this second case everything works fine.

Zuc_Lab_3-1719830848147.png

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(240 Views)

Hi Zuc,

showing just images of the AdditionalResults settings doesn't help to configure your VI call in TestStand!

You need to show the settings on the Module tab where you connect the VI ConnPane to the TestStand variables…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(237 Views)