LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDE in LabVIEW 2024

Hello, this is my first time to connect my LabVIEW to a pump that uses DDE as communication protocol. I am using LabVIEW 2024 Q1and I want to acquire data from quizix pump (uses PumpWorks software) which is providing DDE server. My question is can I contact with that server to acquire data from that software using this version of LabVIEW ( is LabVIEW 2024 Q1 supports DDE communication protocol ?). 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(124 Views)

The DDE VI's are not exposed in LabVIEW anymore, but they are still installed for 32-bit LabVIEW.

See the knowledge base for where they are installed, and how to add them to your palettes.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LMUSA2&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(89 Views)

I tried many times before to get it to my LabVIEW 2024Q1 (32bit ) using the same link and I cannot get it. could you please tell me different way to get the DDE palette ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(79 Views)

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2024\vi.lib\Platforms\dde.llb

the vis should all be there. I didn’t specifically check 2024 Q1 but I did look at my 2024 Q3 install and they are there. I would think Q1 should be the same.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(71 Views)

Thank you for that I found them there, but still I can not show them in my LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(29 Views)

You could edit the palettes of course but why? Just create a DDE VI Tree.vi in your project and use that as your palette. No sense in spending a lot of effort on a dead horse.

But! DDE is dead, those VIs don’t work and never will in LabVIEW for Windows 64-bit. And the day when LabVIEW is only shipped as 64-bit will arrive as sure as the morning sun every day. So don’t build anything that you intend to be able to use for many years to come in your LabVIEW work and definitely don’t use it in any library you intend to let others use!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(22 Views)

I am trying to read data from software called PumpWorks and this software has ( DDE and OPC DA servers ), so could be connected only using either DDE or OPC DA. I have OPC UA toolkit but it could not communicate with that, I am not able to get OPC DA toolkit, so DDE is the solution I have. I will just use it to read data from that software to my program.   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(16 Views)