LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition / Microphone wiring

Hi guys,

I could not wire B&K 2671 mic correctly so couldn’t read the sound. I wired Ch1 of B&K 1704 signal conditioner to the mic to energize it.  Then used T type BNC and wired one end to SCB 68a analog input 6. I think this part is completely wrong. I need help at this point. Attached is the photo. Could you please help? Thanks in advance.

IMG_6338.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,780 Views)

So, you cannot tap into the sensor directly using a Tee, then there is no point in the signal conditioner.

You connect the microphone to the INPUT of signal conditioner and take the conditioned analog signal at the OUTPUT of the same channel. This signal from the OUTPUT has to be in turn connected to the Analog Input of the DAQ.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,754 Views)

@santo_13 thanks for your reply. I've tried that version also but could not get the data. I think my vi is working.

IMG_6351.jpgIMG_6349.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,741 Views)

You don't seem to connect the GND, you need wire the BNC outer signal to AIGND and the inner signal to AI+, then configure DAQmx to use the channel as Single Ended.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,717 Views)

I really don't understand what you are trying to do.

The B&K 2671 is not a microphone, it is a preamp for a microphone. As @santo_13 said earlier you should be able to attach directly to the input of your signal conditioner. It will provide the voltage/current needed on the BNC cable. The output of the signal conditioner will filter out the supply voltage/current and output only the microphone signal. I has used that setup in the past without issues.

One question, do you have a microphone attached to your preamp? Something is seriously wrong with your setup if you need to break out wires, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,688 Views)

@mcduff many thanks for the reply. I've wired the inlet of the CCLD to the mic as in the photos. I'm highly scared of damaging the stuff though. IMG_6361_2.jpgIMG_6363.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,685 Views)

The B&K stuff is uber expensive. The microphone should screw on to the preamp, no wires needed. From your photo it looks correct; you should be able to plug directly into the signal conditioner with a BNC and another BNC to your digitizer. If you need to do more something seems broken.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,679 Views)

@obscure wrote:

@mcduff many thanks for the reply. I've wired the inlet of the CCLD to the mic as in the photos. I'm highly scared of damaging the stuff though. 

Jupp, your wires can act like a spring... one end can enter the line power socket .. Murphy already smiles

PLEASE ,  get a BNC cable cut into half  and make yourself two BNC to open wire cables  and use one to screw it into your DAQ

My suggestion would be to use differential measurement (if possible)   (AI0+ to the inner part of the cable, AI0- to the cable shield and a 10k to 1M resistor from AI0- to AGND )

Spoiler

what's wrong?
signal-2023-03-08-12-13-04-335.jpg
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 8 of 9
(1,644 Views)

@obscure wrote:

@santo_13 thanks for your reply. I've tried that version also but could not get the data. I think my vi is working.

IMG_6351.jpg

Your Gain is 0, so you have a divide by 0 ...

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,630 Views)