cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1097 while trying to build installer

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I am experiencing an issue I've never seen before.I am using Windows 10 64-bit, LabVIEW 32-bit 2018.

When I try to build an installer with an existing project (Executable and Package manager OK), I see Error 1097 (attached screenshot). I built a brand new project with a simple VI to see if can build an installer and it gives me same error. In fact, when I right click Build Specifications -> New -> Installer, it gives me Error 1097.

I have followed the NI KB - repair/modify, then uninstall/reinstall the package builder. It doesn't help. Has anybody seen this issue before specific to what I am seeing (Project independent)? I am thinking i have a bad installation (OR) no permission to the directory where LabVIEW tries to write temp files to build an installer? Not sure. Any pointers welcome and appreciated - thank you.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,019 Views)

Kindly upload your project. It seems you are facing a DLL file error.

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,976 Views)

This issue am seeing is agnostic to project. Even a blank project shows this error when I try to build an installer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,967 Views)

Hi SK8,

Thanks for reaching out. The two things I can think of, is your application builder isn't working, or you have a corrupted software. I'm guessing it's the latter, and would recommend an uninstall and reinstall of LabVIEW. Let me know how that goes.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,960 Views)

I have tried that and most of the posts relevant to Error 1097. My last option is to blast my hard-drive and do a complete install. It seems inefficient which is why am wondering if anybody would have an experimentally creative trick to try 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,956 Views)

Ahhh,

In that case, try a Force Reinstall, instead of Uninstall and Reinstall. It's more robust than the latter.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,950 Views)

Does this method apply for package builder reinstaller? I believe that can be done only via Package Manager or by reinstalling LabVIEW, no?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,943 Views)

SK8,

Ahh, this is somewhat true. If you install your software via NI Package Manager, then this method will not work. If you install LabVIEW via the .msi installers or other, the force reinstall option can be used. Is this your method of installation?

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author winterishere8

I fixed mine by doing a clean uninstall (note: not using NI Package Manager was the key). I am sorry to note, but NI PM is terrible and needs to be mature before it is "enforced" as the way to add/remove NI stuff. I prefer the older way and it works!

Message 9 of 10
(2,919 Views)

Just incase anyone stumbles across this thread 4+ years later:

I was encountering this issue with LV2020 SP1 32-bit on Windows (but I think the first LV2020 release also has this problem).

It looks like the NIPM installer does not include the resources that the Installer-Builder requires - namely there should be a folder called BinRTE in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\MDF\

With the attached contents (see Image)

In the end I had to install a second version of LabVIEW (2023 Q1 in my case, but other or pre 2020 versions might also work).

BinRTE.png

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,265 Views)