LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable looking for a VI and failing to launch

Hello,

Recently, I migrated from LV 2018 to LV 2024 Q3. There has been no issue compiling and running an EXE file with LV 2018. There is also no issue compiling it with LV 2024 but if I run the EXE, it looks for a certain VI as shown below.

1.png

I can find its file path in the project file viewer.

2.png

If I manually locate the file, the executable throws an error and fails to run.

3.png

What should I be looking into?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(399 Views)

The application builder is probably erroneously not including this file in the EXE build.

One thing to try would be going to the build specification you're using, and unchecking everything on the "Additional exclusions" options page.  Doing so will make your EXE larger because it doesn't exclude files that it used to include, but can help when it gets a little too aggressive in its filtering out of files.

Another option would be going to the "Source files" options page on the build, finding that VI, and adding it to the "Always included" section.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(360 Views)

Hello Kyle,

I unchecked everything on Additional Exclusions. The EXE builder threw an error complaining about all the 'VI Tree' VIs in instr.lib that are broken and not meant to run. I had to put a diagram disable structure for each of them to make them unbroken. Then I could successfully compile the EXE file. When I run it, it still looks for the same VI in the OP. The callers of subTimeDelay.vi are in the Automotive Diagnostic Command Set addon library.

4.png

Both VI and ADCS library are under My Computer > Dependencies > vi.lib on the project viewer. On Source Files, Dependencies are not shown in the Project Files box.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(340 Views)

I moved the particular VI out of Dependencies so I can select it in Source File Settings. It is Always Included. When I compile and run the EXE, it still looks for the VI. It must be one special VI!

5.png

The file paths for LV 2018 and 2024 are compared below.

comp1.png

comp2.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(247 Views)