LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNSS Test Toolkit 3.0 USRP Transmission

Hello 

I am working with USRP and GNSS Test Toolkit 3.0 to generate GNSS signals. As I transmit the generated signal through the USRP, I have difficulty getting anything on my Garmin/GNSS device(no satellites/no lock). What might be wrong, especially about the generation parameters/configuration? What should be the TX power level? Are there any other aspects that I need to consider? 

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(119 Views)

Hi, 

At this stage, the responses you would get would be pure guessing as we know very little about the setup you are using 

1-Please provide a description of your hardware setup and how you are using the GNSS Test toolkit (Testbed, GNSS device, any RF attenuators and cables ..) 

2-You have the ability to use your USRP as a GNSS receiver with the GNSS SDR Software tool . If you are able somehow to record some IQ samples, you may be able to troubleshoot with the GNSS SDR Software.

3- Please provide a clear configuration of the GNSS test toolkit you are using so that we can help you troubleshoot. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(94 Views)

Hello, thanks for your response. 

Description of hardware setup:

I am using NI USRP-2974 with the default streaming project, where I read the GNSS binary file created using GNSS toolkit 3.0 and transmit the IQs at a rate of 10MS/s (read from the binary file) at a center frequency of 1602 MHz using an omni antenna which is appropriate for the L band. All other USRP TX settings are at default values. I have tried attenuators ranging from -50 dB to -90 dB. My GNSS receiver/test device is a surveying GNSS tablet with a GNSS antenna.

gnss_signal_tx.PNG

Configuration of the GNSS test toolkit:

I have used niGLONASS Write Waveform to File (Simple, Automatic Mode).vi from the GNSS toolkit 3.0 with the default values (including the almanac and ephemeris files provided with the toolkit)

gnss_simulator_settings.PNG

Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(48 Views)