LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the text in Question 1 (control)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys

I am translating the elements of my front panel into several languages using their keys and Booleen text.

I've managed to translate all of them except Question 1.
How can I get the text in Question 1 back please?
Thank you very much for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ngouda

Question 1 is a control. Not sure what you mean by "How can I get the text back?"

- you can read the control

- you could turn it into an indicator

- for both, control and indictor, you can create a property node for the text property to either read or write the text

MaSta_0-1678975091231.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,013 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ngouda

All the magic seems to happen in the subVIs, but we are missing all of them. Are they from a toolkit?

The string in the question 1 control is just the "value". To write to a control you would use a local variable or set the value property via reference..

(Note that you don't need a local variable for the "Date and time" control, because you can place the control in the "language listbox" event and read the new value from the event data node in the "date and time" event.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,004 Views)

A little off topic but for your information, please check your translation to french in your dictionary.

Some of them are not accurate.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(976 Views)

Hello MaSta,

Thanks your for reply.
Yes I wanted to read the control and translate it. I applied what you and @altenbach told me and it works now.
Thank your very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(932 Views)

Hello @altenbach,
Thanks for your answer and help.
Yes, the VIs come from the JKI Simple Localization toolkit.
I applied what you told me and also mySta and so I was able to do what I wanted.
And thank you also about the local variable.
Have a nice weekend 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(930 Views)

Hello @Defaphe
Thank you for your answer, yes indeed you are right.
I'm currently doing an internship and I couldn't post the project so I created this quick vi that reproduces my problem to ask my question.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(927 Views)