LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert informations on cluster

Hello

I have a cluster and need to fill it programmatically
If I have 3 options a cluster should appear with the 3 options I want to insert (as in the image)

leandrofeder_0-1727799417040.png

But if you have 1, 5, 6, 7 options you should increase and the other options appear
The idea is to use it as a dropdown menu with options where the user selects what he wants to do

How can i do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(104 Views)

A cluster has a fixed number of elements at compile time, but you can hide elements. Create a cluster with the max number of elements needed, then hide some as needed.

Seems convoluted. Maybe a listbox would me a more reasonable solution once we know more about your use case.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(98 Views)

It's a menu of options at the top of the screen (like on a web page) where you have several options to select from
When the user selects one of them, the options for the menu should appear

Something along these lines:

leandrofeder_0-1727800995919.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(83 Views)

I don't understand why you think you need a cluster for that.

If you already have all the program logic implemented for a cluster with a fixed number of elements (do you?), just follow my advice and make a cluster with all possible elements, Set it to "auto-sizing: arrange vertically" and make only the desired elements visible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(79 Views)

If the example case you show is close to what you're using it for, you could use a picture ring:

Kyle97330_0-1727804188967.png

There are two problems with picture rings though:

1. You have to manually import all the pictures

2. You can't change the list while it runs, though you can disable some elements:

Kyle97330_1-1727804725402.png

Otherwise, a Cluster with the other suggestions for things may work out as you want.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(53 Views)

Here are instructions for a Hamburger Menu. I think that is what you want.

But you cannot add/remove elements as desired. You may have to over specify your options, then make some visible/hidden as a workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(46 Views)