LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW building application crashes Microsoft OneDrive

Has anyone else experienced Microsoft OneDrive intermittently crashing when building a LabVIEW application and know of a fix?

My LabVIEW projects are in a subdirectory of a folder that is synchronised by OneDrive. I have discovered that, quite regularly, Microsoft OneDrive will crash midway through LabVIEW building an application (the default build destination directory is also a subfolder of the synchronised folder).

Currently my solution is to have a permanently running script that immediately starts Microsoft OneDrive when it detects it's closed, but this is just a bandaid rather than a fix of the underlying issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(489 Views)

Hi banksey,

@banksey255 wrote:

My LabVIEW projects are in a subdirectory of a folder that is synchronised by OneDrive.

Currently my solution is to have a permanently running script that immediately starts Microsoft OneDrive when it detects it's closed, but this is just a bandaid rather than a fix of the underlying issue.

The solution is to build your executable in a folder NOT synchronized by OneDrive. Copy the executable to OneDrive folder when the build was successful (using a PostBuild action)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(478 Views)

Also make sure to vote for this idea. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(471 Views)

Ok, so it's not just me experiencing this problem, and it sounds like there isn't a known solution of the type I was hoping for (that is, a permanent fix for the underlying issue so that I don't have to do anything to prevent it occurring).

I'll give that idea a vote: Indeed, this crash always went unnoticed, particularly as the OneDrive icon remains in the system tray until the mouse hovers over it, and it wasn't until I started running the aforementioned script that I finally realised it was associated with LabVIEW building an application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(410 Views)