cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW shared license

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

we would like to use LabVIEW professional on several computers, but only a maximum of 2 developers work with it. Which license model (shared?) is best suited for this? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by govindsankar

Understanding NI Software Policies

The easiest would be Named-User (Non-Concurrent) License: License for an individual user to run the software. Also known as a “user-based” license. With this option, the software can be installed on up to three computers and can be running on only one computer at a time. 

You can get two of them.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 8
(1,128 Views)

Thank you, but I dont think thats an option because we will be both using LabVIEW at the same time. I goodled Non concurrent license and I came up in this page. 

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/supplemental/07/understanding-ni-software-policies.ht...

I see unmanaged concurrent licence and managed concurrent license under parallel license. I couldnt find any additional data on it. Which one do you think I should use. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,053 Views)

It still looks like what Zyong said applies best, 2 named user (non-concurrent) licenses: 

Named user License 1 = Govindsankar 

Named user License 2 = your other coworker

The license is in your name and not a computer based.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,026 Views)

but can we both work at the same time. Me in my laptop and him in his laptop. Can we both use the software at the same time. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by govindsankar

you each download your own LabVIEW dev environment with your own license serial number. 

Message 6 of 8
(1,009 Views)

Thank you but is there some additional link regarding this with more information like pricing etc. I cannot find anything like that

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(998 Views)

NI website only lists pricing for single-seat licenses. For VLM, you need to contact them for a quotation.

Select Your LabVIEW Edition

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(980 Views)