LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW subscription model for 2022

Solved!
Go to solution

Online RFQ got shunted off to TestForce. They are unaware of any discounting for renewal of perpetual license. I referred them to this thread, name-dropped Mr. Eisawy and now they have to discuss it with their account manager...

That was last week. We shall see.

0 Kudos
Message 1041 of 1,046
(288 Views)

@Newton_TP wrote:

Online RFQ got shunted off to TestForce. They are unaware of any discounting for renewal of perpetual license. I referred them to this thread, name-dropped Mr. Eisawy and now they have to discuss it with their account manager...

That was last week. We shall see.

Please DM me if you're not getting the support you need from Testforce to get you the proper quote.

Ahmed Eisawy | Director of Test Software Commercialization | +1 (503) 453-9178 | ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 1042 of 1,046
(268 Views)

I have finally managed to renew my LabVIEW SSP so can move forward from LV2021 to LV2024. The price offered under the SSP renewal with no penalty scheme was one I could live with, so that's a good outcome 👍.

However the time and effort it took to achieve this was abysmal and cost me a unreasonable amount of time and effort.

It took multiple emails and calls, with a number of incorrect, no discounts, quotes before I got the correct information. After receiving the correct quote,  I then could not process the order online because of issue with the web page so had call NI and I even had some issues making the payment afterward.  

This is NOT how I expect a world leading Technology base company to run their business, please please do better for both your own and our sakes.

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
Message 1043 of 1,046
(205 Views)

That has been my experience dealing with NI on anything for the last handful of years. It's a monkey cluster over there.
If it weren't for LabVIEW I'd be done with them.

0 Kudos
Message 1044 of 1,046
(193 Views)

@aputman wrote:

What about renewing SSP for products that are not sellable anymore?  My license was for the NI Developer Suite.  Am I out of luck for taking advantage of this promotion? 

We understand that the NI Developer Suite offered a variety of options but would LabVIEW+ Suite cover your needs?

If yes, it's being offered today as a subscription but we'll offer it perpetually soon and I can help you get a perpetual quote for it in the interim.

Ahmed Eisawy | Director of Test Software Commercialization | +1 (503) 453-9178 | ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 1045 of 1,046
(94 Views)

@AhmedEisawy wrote:

@aputman wrote:

What about renewing SSP for products that are not sellable anymore?  My license was for the NI Developer Suite.  Am I out of luck for taking advantage of this promotion? 

We understand that the NI Developer Suite offered a variety of options but would LabVIEW+ Suite cover your needs?

If yes, it's being offered today as a subscription but we'll offer it perpetually soon and I can help you get a perpetual quote for it in the interim.

There is also the Multi-IDE Bundle (which is still available - ) which gives you LabVIEW, LabWindows CVI and Measurement Studio. I migrated to this bundle when Dev Suite got discontinued and I've just renewed the SSP.   

0 Kudos
Message 1046 of 1,046
(76 Views)