LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW vxlapi CANCASEXL configuration

Hi!

Sorry for the long delay, I was on holydays 🙂

Ok, I tried so many times and so many configurations and at last, I get it!!!. Although I think it is not an elegant solution, for now it is OK for me and it works.

The mainly thing is the xlevent. I took the old vi from (vcan32.dll) as an example and made my own vi.

It is very strange, but the manual user for vxlapi, has a configuraton for xltransmit and xlevent quite different than I, but unfortunatelly I cannot explain it why.....

Maybe you can use the library made from VECTOR to vcan32.dll it works for the CANCASEXL, so if this is the device you want to control, I think it should be ok.

I have to control the CANCASEXL and the MOST as well and that is why I cannot use the vcan32 and have to use the vxlapi.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 49
(2,425 Views)

Hi,

can you send me the transmit strusture pls..

rgds,

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 49
(2,245 Views)

Hi.

What structure do you need?

Attached you will find the "transmit structure", I hope it is what you need. You can develop the "receive structure" in the same way, just read the manual of Vector XL and copy what you need from the "transmit structure".

Best regards.

Message 13 of 49
(2,231 Views)

Hi,

Yes, this is what I wanted. But, I am unable transmit a message. When I try to transmit, I see error frames in canlyzer. Please help.

Attached is the print screen of the VI.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 49
(2,224 Views)

Please, send me more information regarding the error (where the) or send me your VI, maybe I can point out what is wrong.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 49
(2,215 Views)

Attached library which I am using and the VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 49
(2,210 Views)

Please, save them to the 2011 version. I cannot open them.

Tomorrow I'll check it.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 49
(2,204 Views)

Hi,

Attached in labview11.

Also I am getting below errors.

Time         Chn     ID   Name   Event Type   Dir     DLC   Data                                                                  
 [+] 98.650824    CAN 2               CAN Error    RxErr         ECC: 11110011, Other Type of Error, Segment = Tolerate Dominant Bits  
 [+] 98.651856    CAN 2               CAN Error    RxErr         ECC: 11110011, Other Type of Error, Segment = Tolerate Dominant Bits  
 [+] 98.652886    CAN 2               CAN Error    RxErr         ECC: 11110011, Other Type of Error, Segment = Tolerate Dominant Bits  
 [+] 98.653756    CAN 2               CAN Error    RxErr         ECC: 11110011, Other Type of Error, Segment = Tolerate Dominant Bits  

Along with some form error, etc .

Thanks and regards,

Amit Chincholi

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 49
(2,201 Views)

Hi.

I tried with your version and it gave me an error. but the error was the HWINDEX you have set to 1 and I set to 0 and then it works.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 49
(2,191 Views)

Thanks a lot. Today I checked it and it works fine. But, when I try with extended Identifiers it sends only 11 bits out of it. Can you please suggest me the changes to be made.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 49
(2,180 Views)