LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2023 32-bit connected to 64-bit Microsoft Access (.accdb)

I have Labview 2023 (32-bit) installed (for NI-CAN use). I currently have an access database file (.accdb). that I'm trying to connect to. I have not been able to find any information on how to do this. All suggestions (ODBC, .UDL, etc) does not work. About three months ago, I created an access database file (64-bit) and was able to use LabVIEW 2022 (32-bit) as my user interface. That no longer works either, since I put LabVIEW 2023 on. If anyone has any information on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(1,970 Views)

MS Office applications are not fully compatible between 32bit and 64bit versions.

Compatibility between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 

I havn't completely read this article, but it has to do with VBA code, which is not compatible in some cases.

Access is for good for nothing. Convert your database to a real database system (everything else is better than Access). It is worth the additional work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(1,928 Views)

Unfortunately, I don't have write control over the real database, Just read. The Access file is the user interface that has the write control. So I'm trying to connect to it so I can write to the database with LabVIEW, through the Access file. Also my issue is not between 32bit and 64bit Office, but between 32bit LabVIEW and 64bit Office.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(1,882 Views)

Also my issue is not between 32bit and 64bit Office, but between 32bit LabVIEW and 64bit Office.

Not really, it is still an incompatibility between 32bit and 64 bit MS Access and has nothing to do with LabVIEW. I assume, that you are using the ODBC driver. The 32 bit and 64 bit ODBC drivers are also from Microsoft and they are part of MS Access and these drivers are also not completely compatible between 32Bit and 64Bit.

I might be wrong in some cases - I use MS Access as less as possible 🙄. The MS Access Database can be made to work on both (32Bit and 64Bit). A simple database with only some database tables should be compatible between 32 Bit and 64 Bit. But if there are some additional VBA code, the VBA code has to take care about 32Bit and 64 Bit - even if you don't use this VBA code in your application.

If you can't completely move to 32Bit or 64Bit, you can create a small 64 Bit Labview application as an additional layer to the MS Access database.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(1,847 Views)

Hi,
what is the error you are getting while trying to connect to db using udl??. I faced similar problem with LV2017 and found a solution online which worked for me. Try using 32 bit oledb.dll to open the udl file and connect to database and see if it fixes your problem.
Use the following command to open the udl file. change the file path accordingly.

C:\Windows\syswow64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile E:\Projects\LabVIEW\sap_print\data\FR.udl

bp
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(1,831 Views)

Hi,

No problem to connect to a access database 32 or 64. (.mdb or .accdb)

Try attached Vi 

Kees

Message 6 of 14
(1,816 Views)

I got this error. 

TonyAdec_0-1684771325272.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(1,788 Views)

bharathp10 - Didn't work. The 32 bit driver does not recognize the .accdb Access file. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(1,785 Views)

Can you run the command prompt in adminstrator mode and re-check? 

bp
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(1,771 Views)

About three months ago, I created an access database file (64-bit) and was able to use LabVIEW 2022 (32-bit) as my user interface.

😠 It seems, that this sentence is wrong.

Install and use the correct 32 bit ODBC driver and try again.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(1,764 Views)