LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Installation Error causing Blue Screen

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface 11 and was in the process of installing the lastest version of LabView. After several failed installations, the installation succeeded and I was prompted to restart. After restarting, I had a Blue Screen Error. I was unable to reset the PC and could not recover any of the files. I initially thought the PC was faulty. Until today, I tried to install LabView 2024 Q3 and the same thing happened again. The blue screen keeps repeating, I cannot reset the computer and because of this I have no access to potential error logs. I am not sure what can be done to prevent such a dramatic issue from occurring again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WillrR42

@WillrR42 wrote:

I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface 11 and was in the process of installing the lastest version of LabView. After several failed installations, the installation succeeded and I was prompted to restart. After restarting, I had a Blue Screen Error. I was unable to reset the PC and could not recover any of the files. I initially thought the PC was faulty. Until today, I tried to install LabView 2024 Q3 and the same thing happened again. The blue screen keeps repeating, I cannot reset the computer and because of this I have no access to potential error logs. I am not sure what can be done to prevent such a dramatic issue from occurring again.

I believe the MS Surface tablet uses a Snapdragon CPU which is an ARM processor.  I don't think LabVIEW will run on an ARM processor.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(73 Views)

NI has not yet officially supported ARM processors.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(50 Views)

This was the issue. The first time it tried to install it had an error, but didn't mention anything about the processor. Or maybe it did, but I didn't recognize this was the source of the error. But this is the source of the error.

The blue screen itself says "VSL INITIALIZATION FAILED", which when I googled led to https://www.reddit.com/r/surfaceprox/comments/us52ua/vsl_initialization_failed_surface_pro_x/

And there it seems this user had the same problem. 

The worst part about this issue is that it seems like nothing can be done to fix the PC if the installation goes through. It doesn't allow reinstalling Windows or anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(13 Views)