LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2022 Q3 Structure Auto Resizing Bug?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having a pretty crippling issue with LabVIEW at the moment. My architecture is fairly large and complex, but I've not had any issues with it until this morning.

Basically, every time I click ANYHTHING on the block diagram the case structure expands to the left and right of the screen. I disabled auto-grow on this case structure, but it's still happening. Like I said already, this wasn't an issue until this morning after using the same VI for 2 years straight.

So, really, I can't edit my code. Click anywhere and the case labview pauses for like 2 seconds, then expands the case structure by like 10 pixels... anyone seen this before?? I've turned off all the auto wiring options in the project, but I also understand that I've always had auto-grow enabled. So I am wondering if the autogrow needs to be disabled for EVERY nested structure. Not a simple thing to undo if I can avoid it, and I have no idea if that fixes it.

I might need to reinstall labview at this rate.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abenevides

I'm almost 100% sure this has to do with some sort of automatic clean-up process LabVIEW has. I reduced the spacing requirements to 1 pixel for all options under cleanup, and this has fixed the issue for me. At least for now. 

Probably this only affects very large case structures with low layout quality. No, this wasn't something I cared much about, so I'll be making an effort to clean-up this code over time.

abenevides_0-1722269982244.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abenevides

Disregard the solution I tagged previously. Changing those settings "helped" but the real issue was the autogrow feature of the structures.

I ran the VI to disable autogrow on all structures and I think that has solved it for me. In process of cleaning up my code so that doesn't happen again, but it was a truly terrifying issue to encounter.

Turn Off Auto Grow Using LabVIEW - NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(115 Views)