LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview real-time version

Solved!
Go to solution

I need some clarity on using labview real-time.

Can I use labview version 2019(64 bit) which is installed in my host with labview real time version of 2019(32 bit) in my target. 

If I'm do the development in real time version 2019 then how to upgrade it to use it in labview higher version. Is it same like how we do in labview windows based system. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(280 Views)

@Manik981211 wrote:

I need some clarity on using labview real-time.

Can I use labview version 2019(64 bit) which is installed in my host with labview real time version of 2019(32 bit) in my target. 

If I'm do the development in real time version 2019 then how to upgrade it to use it in labview higher version. Is it same like how we do in labview windows based system. 

No. All Toolkits that are not entirely VI based only, have to be in the same bitness as LabVIEW itself. LabVIEW Realtime and FPGA was only available as 64-bit version around 2022 or 2023.

To upgrade to a newer version you will have to install the new LabVIEW version and afterwards the according version of all the Toolkits you want to use.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(253 Views)

Hi

You need to look into the LabVIEW Real-Time Module requirements.

- The module required 32 bits versions of LabVIEW up until 2020.

- Since 2021 it supports both 32 bits and 64 bits versions of LabVIEW with separate downloads for each. See the Readme's.

So 2019 infers using a 32 bits LabVIEW development environment only.

Upgrading may be expensive and time consuming. As Rolf notes you will need matching versions of all Toolkits and Modules used.

Regards

PS : And a little advice. Don't install multiple versions of LabVIEW if you intend to install Drivers, Toolkits or Modules. Create separate partitions for each LV version and install as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manik981211

I understood now and Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(208 Views)