LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data from csv causes issues

Hey everyone,

So I am using Labview for data reduction and one of the things I need to do is read a data file and process it a certain way.

The basic problem I am having is my data file is in .csv so when i load the file, the data that I am seeing comes with these "" marks and a space.

I don't understand why and sometimes because of this, some of processing loops don't execute properly. Image attached.

When i convert the csv to a txt file and then use the read delimited spreadsheet function everything works perfectly. But I have to convert csv to txt everytime which is a pain.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Silverfang_0-1726850704795.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(71 Views)

Do you happen to have the CSV file handy?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(50 Views)

Attached

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(47 Views)

I read the above CSV file and got what I expected.

jcarmody_0-1726857175946.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(18 Views)

@Silverfang- wrote:

Hey everyone,

So I am using Labview for data reduction and one of the things I need to do is read a data file and process it a certain way.

The basic problem I am having is my data file is in .csv so when i load the file, the data that I am seeing comes with these "" marks and a space.

I don't understand why and sometimes because of this, some of processing loops don't execute properly. Image attached.

When i convert the csv to a txt file and then use the read delimited spreadsheet function everything works perfectly. But I have to convert csv to txt everytime which is a pain.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Not all CSV files are created equally, for instance Excel can save a file to FIVE different types of CSV files.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8 Views)