cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low fps when recording a video with USB webcam

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I wanna record and save a video with my Logitech C270 when a certain value changes. For that I've created the VI in the attachment. The VI just works fine with my internal laptop camara, but when I want to record with the webcam, the fps drops significantly and I don't know why. I've already checked the different codeds to use and for driver issues in MAX.

Thanks for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,282 Views)

Probably higher resolution with the other camera. Remove the error case and the unnecessary  sequence struture.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,261 Views)

Both, my Laptop cam and the C270 have a 720p resolution. Even after removing those 2 things the problem is still there. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,205 Views)

Your initialized image is of type U8, is that correct? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,195 Views)

Yes it is, for some reason I don't know, it dosen't matter which image type I use, the picture always looks the same.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,163 Views)

Adjust your Acquisition Attributes in MAX and save them according your needs.

Quiztus2_0-1705319227438.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,159 Views)

Try'ed several different settings and lowering the resolution, but it didn't help. As u can see in the VI I've posted, I record picture by picture in a for - Loop at the moment. Maybe this could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,096 Views)

Did you try the 'Acquire Most Recent Image' example? If the USB cam runs smoothly with different software, contact NI support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,084 Views)

Doing it with this VI brings the same results. Will now try to contact the NI support.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,074 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spurbruenette

Have tryed it with a generic 1080p cam and now it works properly. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,040 Views)