LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing DAQmx drivers in the LabVIEW 8 Pallete

I have LabVIEW 8 installed on a Windows XP computer. We were using NI-DAQmx version 8.3.0f3. To fix DAQmx issues we upgraded the Ni-DAQmx drivers. After upgrade, all our Executable programs (prepared from LabVIEW 😎 started working fine, but we can't see the DAQmx icons in the Measurement I/O pallete now. All our LabVIEW code is broken.

Senior Test Engineer
nkamal@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,852 Views)

What version of DAQmx did you upgrade to?

Look at

KnowledgeBase 3PIA89N5: NI-DAQ & LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

Any version of NI-DAQmx 8.7.2 or newer is no longer fully compatible with LV 8.0.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,846 Views)

We upgraded to DAQmx 9.3 and this now seems to be the problem. What would be a good solution? Uninstalling 9.3 and then re-installing the 8.3.0f0 version? Is there a better solution?

Senior Test Engineer
nkamal@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,844 Views)

I would uninstall 9.3 and install 8.7.1.

What was the problem you were trying to solve to upgrade above 8.3.0f0?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,837 Views)

We used msiblast to uninstall the 9.3 and apparently it did. But, when we tried installing 8.3, the installer simply notified that a higher version is present and did nothing. The MAX is 4.8.0f0, do you think it is hindering the uninstall?

The problem we were trying to solve earlier was that we got DAQ errors in LabVIEW as well as in our EXE applications, checked MAX where all devices were bad. So, we thought upgrading NI-DAQmx would solve the issues. At that stage, EXE went fine but LabVIEW could not even load the DAQ drivers.

We do like to thank you for your input and help!

Senior Test Engineer
nkamal@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,833 Views)

When was MSIBlast done?  Sometimes this can do more harm than good and leave traces of software even though it removes the installers.  MAX should not hinder the installation but traces of the driver may still be around.  If you were to goto Add/Remove Programs can you see anything that sticks out under National Instruments?

Kyle S

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,819 Views)