LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MyRIO-1900 Safe Mode (No Software Installed)

I found a NI MyRIO-1900 picking up dust in my college and I decided to try to put it to work, I installed all the programs I need but when I have run the Getting Started Wizard I get the message that something is missing to install.

the status led of my NI MyRIO steps 2 times in a row.

Screenshot_2.png

In the NI MAX there is no software on it.

Did I do something wrong?

Screenshot_3.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(138 Views)

The MAX view demonstrates that you have a myRIO that is recognized by MAX, and that it has some Firmware, the correct IP, and might not be "locked" so that you could, in principle, install software.

Do you have the myRIO Software Toolkit 2019 installed on your PC?  Please open MAX again and get a Screen Shot of the Software installed on your Host computer ("My System").  I suspect (some of) the software you'll need is part of that Toolkit.  I've installed and configured a half-dozen or so myRIOs, but none in the last year or two ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(113 Views)

I have the 2021 SP1 installed.
Installed all this using the NI Package Manager
I also tried the USB NIRECOVERY thing but it changed nothing.
I have no idea how old this thing is.

Here it is:

JulianoLira_1-1727468539408.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(99 Views)

Hello again, JulianoLira.

My apologies for not looking closely at the MAX Listing of your installed LabVIEW Software, and your last post, which starts "I have LabVIEW 2021 SP1 installed".

Having worked with LabVIEW Real-Time since LabVIEW 7.0 and with the myRIO off and on (mostly off) since it was released, but starting up again with LabVIEW 2018 and 2019, I can tell you that after doing maybe a dozen installations (for myself and my colleagues working on the same Project with me), I had no trouble adding the myRIO Software Toolkit (both 2018 and 2019) to their systems so we could all run the software that I was developing, with their help.

I was looking forward to migrating to LabVIEW 2020, but there was no myRIO Software Toolkit released that year, so we stayed with 2019.  I tried (and others on the LabVIEW Forum also tried) to use the myRIO with LabVIEW 2020, but without the Toolkit, it was "difficult" (I decided to wait for 2021).  But when LabVIEW 2021 was released, still no myRIO Software Toolkit.

The same day that NI released LabVIEW 2022, they also released the myRIO Software Toolkit 2021.  I was very happy, as I already had LabVIEW 2021 SP1 on my machine.  I tried for 2-3 months (!) to install the myRIO Software Toolkit 2021 and have it work with LabVIEW 2021, but consistently failed.  

To use the myRIO with LabVIEW, particularly to install the myRIO software on the myRIO itself that communicates with the corresponding version of LabVIEW, you need to install a version of the myRIO Software Toolkit.  In addition, you need to install the correct version of LabVIEW.

There are two possible configurations, one "easier to install" than the other.  Depending on what you currently have installed, it might require a complete removal of NI software before proceeding.  Hence I need to ask about the Labview software that you have installed, and which of the two versions you prefer to run.

1. LabVIEW 2019, SP1, 32-bit, with the myRIO Software Toolkit 2019.  This is the easiest and "cleanest" installation to perform, and the one we have been using successfully for 5 years.
  2. LabVIEW 2021, SP1, 32-bit, with the myRIO Software Toolkit 2021.  This version is more difficult to install, and thus far I've not convinced my "team" to switch from LabVIEW 2019.  I've done enough testing, though, to say that it probably works, but my experience is much more limited than with LabVIEW 2019.

From the MAX software listing you provided, it appears that you installed LabVIEW 2019 SP1 32-bit, which is part of Configuration #1, above, and that you also have installed LabVIEW 2021 SP1, 64-bit, which (as far as I know) not compatible with the myRIO Software Toolkit (I could be mistaken in this -- I, myself, have not tried this). 

I am more confident in a LabVIEW 2019 installation (actually, I have a test PC back in the lab where I installed LabVIEW 2019 SP1 earlier this month -- I'll look at it on Monday and see if there are any "red flags" I should mention to you.

One other question I forgot to ask -- what Operating System are you using?  What reminded me was that the new PC with LabVIEW 2019 SP1 is running Windows 11, and is the first (and only) Windows 11 machine I have used (I much prefer Windows 10).  So also tell me what Operating System you are using, and ensure it is the 64-bit version of the OS.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(60 Views)

Hi

Download and install this :

softball_0-1727622156024.png

Notice you need to use the 32 bits version of LabVIEW. myRIO Toolkit was never updated to support 64 bits.

Installing the Linux image on the myRIO may need some determination. Including Resetting the device. But in the end it obeys 😊 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(44 Views)