LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI question!

Solved!
Go to solution

I  have two NI PXI 2527. I was testing them on NIMAX.

I noticed one of the PXIs have krefs and kbc01 initially closed as shown below. 

GRCK5000_1-1719444666606.png

The other PXI's kref0 and kref1are opened. What does this mean? Does this mean the PXI with the Krefs closed is damaged. The datasheet does not really talk about the kref. Can someone explain to me what this means?

Also, you can create a simulated NI PXI 2527 on NI MAX. Then click on >> Test panels >> relays. You will notice what I mean. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(104 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GRCK5000

@GRCK5000 wrote:

I  have two NI PXI 2527. I was testing them on NIMAX.

I noticed one of the PXIs have krefs and kbc01 initially closed as shown below. 

GRCK5000_1-1719444666606.png

The other PXI's kref0 and kref1are opened. What does this mean? Does this mean the PXI with the Krefs closed is damaged. The datasheet does not really talk about the kref. Can someone explain to me what this means?

Also, you can create a simulated NI PXI 2527 on NI MAX. Then click on >> Test panels >> relays. You will notice what I mean. 

PXI 2527 can operate in different topologies - based on the selected topology certain relays need to closed or opened. This is taken care of by the driver based on the terminals you connected/disconnected.

Question - did you reset both the 2527s, used the same topology and compared to see if the relay states are different?

The user manual explains the relays and how they are used in each topology in detail

santo_13_1-1719447497241.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(91 Views)

Thanks, Santo, for sharing this great information! This is definitely needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(47 Views)