LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni max does not show all connected devices

Hello ,

NI-max does not  show all devices and interfaces that i have   . Even if i have installed I the Visa configuratioin and Ni Visa 488.2 . 

The Chasis and the pickering card are not  represented . The  Keithley is not as PCI-GPIB represented but  as ASRL::INSTR"Com".

The picture bellow shows the issue ive got . 

Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,019 Views)

Exactly what hardware have you got and how is it all connected? Do the devices show up in the Windows device manager?

Can you show us the list of installed NI software from NI MAX?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,008 Views)

The Keithley has got a GPIB connection directly with the Ni PXI 1031 Chasis . And the pickering Card is integrated in the Chasis's slot .

u can  find bellow the screen shot of the Device manager and the Ni software 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,001 Views)

Hi bibo,

judging from DeviceManager screenshot you need to install some (Windows) drivers for that PXI chassis.

The first step should be to make your PXI chassis with its PXI cards available. When this is done, you can connect DAQ devices by GPIB bus…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,994 Views)

Make sure you have NI PXI Platform Services installed.  It is responsible for making the chassis show up in MAX.

http://www.ni.com/download/pxi-platform-services-15.0/5404/en/

Note I'm not sure if this is the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,944 Views)

A few observations I have are:

-Your PC is named "VirtualPC...".  I know that many virtual machines cannot access PCI(e) slots without special hardware.  If this is actually a VM, that will complicate things.

-How is this PC connected to the PXI chassis?  Is it the controller?  If so, how is it connected to the PCI-GPIB card?  If you are using MXI to communicate to the chassis, what are the details of that setup?

-Jim
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,927 Views)

Hi 
I know this is an old tropic, but I have the same problem.

I have two PC running on test sytem with PXI rack connected. Both of them show all the cards that is mounted in the PXI.
I have to install a new PC and send it to another factory, that have a tester that i configured as the other two.
I want to install the PC with drivers before I send it, so I connect the new PC to the PXI rack in one of the two testers that is working.

Now the problem is that I can't see one of the PXI cards in the system. I can all but not the card in  slot 7!

The card is represented in Windows device manager and with the same driver software version. The card is not a NI card but a CAN card from ESD.
I have secured that ther is no hidden cards in the device manager and also tried to make a "Reset configuration Data" in Max but it didn't make a difference.

Any advice, please?

Thanks in advance.
/Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,236 Views)