LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part time LabVIEW programmer needed

Be honest, how many times did you check the spelling before hitting Post? Smiley Wink

I was trying to look at your reply (and that of others) from the perspective of someone who may not feel comfortable with posting - what they may feel as a "silly question" - in the forum and especially if English is not their first language. Just as a first experience of the "community" they may not bother, do you see what I mean?

Anyway, hope you are having a better day today.

Take it easy and enjoy the weekend. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,213 Views)

@REAL! wrote:

Be honest, how many times did you check the spelling before hitting Post? 

I don't want to talk about it.  (or the number of times I went back and edited the post)

@REAL! wrote:

do you see what I mean? 

Yeah I do.  You tend to get a bit jaded on the forums sometimes.  I come here to see if I can help and too often you find posters who can't formulate a question, or don't provide any information to which any person with troubleshooting common sense knows you need, or who aren't interested in learning and just want you to do their work, or college students who couldn't give a crap about the language just that they pass a class (not that I haven't been there).  So seeing posts like this from people who appear to not be paying attention, makes it easier to be harsh.

@REAL! wrote:

Anyway, hope you are having a better day today.  Take it easy and enjoy the weekend. 

You too man, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,206 Views)

@User002 wrote:

(...) 

... instead reeks of a banal mind...

I have not heard that word used since Jo Van Fleet who played the Stepmother in Rogers and Hammersteins 1965 television production of Cinderella. Pull the wrong typo on that one and the web-site would auto-correct it for you.

Spoiler
No spell checkers wer damaged in the making of this post.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,193 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I come here to see if I can help and too often you find posters who can't formulate a question, or don't provide any information to which any person with troubleshooting common sense knows you need, or who aren't interested in learning and just want you to do their work, or college students who couldn't give a crap about the language just that they pass a class (not that I haven't been there).  So seeing posts like this from people who appear to not be paying attention, makes it easier to be harsh.

No need to despair. LabVIEW is a quite stagnant/mature product. Not much new is going on and decent forum visitors are lurkers finding their piece of LV information/support through google and then off they go coding. My guess is that the bulk of the posting these days are from the "too bl00dy complacent to even try" crowd, littering the forums with their garbage.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,163 Views)

Ben,

English isn't my first language I tend to go with words that match closely to those in my primary vocabulary. On a side note, I wonder if omitting the letter "b" frombanal in my previous post would have improved it somewhat?

Ah, you still watch reruns on TV I can tell? Well it's soon 20 years ago I decommissioned my piece of the groupthink brainwashing system. Good riddance.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,156 Views)
No my wife and I watch classic musicals.

"I'm as corny as Kansas in August ..." (South Pacific)

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,133 Views)