LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmable barcode scanner

Or you just scan continuously and just take notice when the scanned code changes ?  if you know when your process starts and stops you only need to look at the code during that period.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(681 Views)

SR series from Keyence (for example SR1000) as doing this. They are RS232 scanner that can be remotely operated, robust and so on.

They are not cheap, so maybe look for an something similar.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(679 Views)

Or the Honeywell Vuquest 3320g

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(677 Views)

@SimonGn, this was one of my idea. When scanner scans, there should be a text block open in the PC to receive it. So I did have an idea where software closes the text block immediately after scanning, but the scanner will continuously scan. So two problems are, I don't know how it will affect the scanner life and second, whether there will be a sound like beep or some sort of lighting. If that is there in the scanner, it will be continuously beeping or led will be continuously turning on and off. This is the problem I was thinking, and so having the ability to program the scanner when to scan will be a good solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(677 Views)

@defaphe. I know Keyence can do that. I already had a discussion with them including a demo. But i didnt know about the price. The cheapest one is 2500 euros and that is not what we are looking for. Its too expensive. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(673 Views)

Pretty much every scanner with a real communication interface, be it RS-232 or even USB, will allow to be put in a mode where you have to send it an actual command to scan anything. If you talk about devices that operate as keyboard, then that is different. They may sometimes have a special button that you need to operate (handheld devices) or have an extra digital input that can be used as trigger, but that is not standard. Most of these devices are built to be handheld or automatic and if you want anything else, that is often a special model  an considerably more expensive.

But try to find one with explicit RS-232 option. They will cost a bit more but almost always have an option to actually be put in a command only mode. This might be an option for your use case.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(674 Views)

@SimonGn. Have you worked with Honeywell Vuquest 3320g? I looked into it. It looks very simple. It has serial commands. I can just send this serial commands using LabVIEW to trigger the scanner. Can you confirm this, and then I can buy this? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(667 Views)

@govindsankar wrote:

@SimonGn. Have you worked with Honeywell Vuquest 3320g?  

No, sorry, I just had a quick look through the manual, there will be many such options out there you have to put in the leg work to find the best option for your application at an affordable price.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(665 Views)

The easiest is to use a USB scanner that simulates a keyboard. Then just key focus on a string control programmatically and shoot the barcode. Numbers entered automagically.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(665 Views)

Its fine. I am going with Honeywell. Thank you. I will buy one to see if it works and if it doesnt then return it. But it should work. I am not seeing any complications with this. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(660 Views)