LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Dependency Conflict Dialog Box

Whenever I try to open any VI in my project I get the project dependency dialog box. 

Joe_H_0-1711039645723.png

However when I click on the close button I can see the project show a dependency for just a brief second and then it goes away and the VI loads as expected. The project itself does not show any conflicts to be resolved, so I cannot use the normal routes to fix the issue. 

Joe_H_1-1711039927669.png

For reference I am using DQMH design framework

It is really annoying

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(656 Views)

That is indeed a strange issue.  I guess you can compare the lvproj file from before and after (assuming you save the project after it allegedly changed the dependency) and see exactly what went on.  You should be able to compare it with the last committed project file since it is just xml.

Edit; I've seem similar things happen where the project complains about something changing, has the dirty dot, but after saving, turns out to be identical to the one in the repo.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(650 Views)

Yeah its really strange. I have saved the project multiple times, mass compiled everything and still get the error. I did a comparison of a saved project and after I tried to open a VI and got the dialog box. The two files were identical.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(640 Views)

Notepad++ has the "Compare" plugin to easily compare 2 text files.

Also, I personally wouldn't develop any project from the "LabVIEW Data" folder.

It is a special folder where LabVIEW usually loads plugins (shared with all LV versions), have you tried putting your project somewhere else?

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(626 Views)

I do not develop from that folder. The project and all files files are save in a my documents folder. Good catch though because it definitely thinks that something is in that folder. Why I do not know. 

No such folder in the LabVIEW Data folder

Joe_H_0-1711041738776.png

I have also done a files export and none of the files show the LabVIEW data directory.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(616 Views)

So, is it possible you have duplicates of your files somewhere in "LabVIEW Data" ?

raphschru_0-1711041662559.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(596 Views)

Its possible but I cannot find it. There is no such directory in the LabVIEW data folder. See above. I was editing the reply as you relied back.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(576 Views)

Unless it may have something to do with DQMH templates.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(572 Views)

Do you have any Diagram Disable structures in the code the project loads?  If so, maybe seeing if deleting all the disabled frames makes this stop happening.

Other than that, if you want to track down the cause, you could try re-creating your project and then gradually trimming it down.  If you re-create the project and do not see the message, then it was probably some leftover cruft in your old project file.  If it does show up, gradually start removing things from the project starting with the things with the most dependencies, and hopefully you'll eventually get rid of a folder or library and the message goes away, and then you can investigate what was just removed more closely to find the cause.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(551 Views)

No Diagram disable functions that I can find. So I guess I will just have to recreate the project.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(533 Views)