cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS485 keller sensors communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I am using the serial port of a cRIO-FRC II with LV2015 to acquire 2 Keller RS485 pressure sensors. 

To do this I am using the keller library on Real Time, I have no problem when only one sensor is connected but when both are connected the acquisition doesn't work. I see only one sensor and not for all the time. 

I can't see the other sensor in none of the address available, there is someone who knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(103 Views)

Hi Marco, 

Can you share picture of the code you have done, I am working on something similar. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(52 Views)

How did you connected your wires (RS485A & RS485B) to your cRIO port. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(51 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarcoTabarrini

Hi Omar,

I finally solved the problem. 

I bought a RS485 to RS232 converter (something similar to the one in the pic) and linked the two sensors in parallel. The problem I had is that I had to assign a specific ID address for each sensor before acquiring them.

For doing that I used the k114 adapter of the keller sensors with their proprietary software.

The code in the picture works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(47 Views)

Thanks Marco, 

How did you assign a specific ID address for each sensor before acquiring them, and how did you connected your wires( RS485A & RS485B) into that converter!! Is that converter is usb-RS485 converter or RS232-RS485 converter. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(37 Views)

Thank you Marco and sorry for distributing, 

How did you assign a specific ID address for each sensor before acquiring them, and how did you connected your wires( RS485A & RS485B) into that converter!! Is that converter is usb-RS485 converter or RS232-RS485 converter.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(11 Views)