LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Convergence Feasibility question

Hi,

I have a conceptual question about whether or not its possible to have a labview program  iteratively change the input values, in this case voltage and drive, during a looping operation to converge on a desired forward power.

We are using a transmitter to perform microsecond pulses that is being fed input values from a waveform generator that is being controlled by labview.  Apparently, in its present condition, if the control dials on the transmitter are manipulated manually, the drive can be changed to incrementally to move towards the desired forward power but doesn't do fine adjustments well and will end up overshooting and then have to be dialed down in the other direction.  What I am trying to accomplish is some sort of iterative process so that while the program is running, the program can take the inputs and the recorded output(forward power) and adjust the inputs accordingly so that they converge on some combination of values that achieve the desired forward power.

Is this something that labview can perform?  I know that if a control is placed into the program it is initialized that way for the duration and has to be manually changed by the operator in general.

A general flow would be something like:

Initialized values program start --- pulse --- forward power read --- adjustments made to initialized values --- pulse --- forward power read ---adjustments made or no change because it has converged --- pulse --- adjustments made or no change because it has converged.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(84 Views)

Try this example:
examples\control\PID\General PID Simulator.vi

There are several controls examples that can be found using the NI Example Finder.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(53 Views)