LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation not working with Application Installation

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created an installer for an application that has some report generation funtions (Create word Doc and Print to PDF).  On my development computer in development mode, the report generation works fine.  However when I create the application and installation package, and install it back to the same computer (for testing), I get the following error, see attached.

Just to reiterate, MS office is installed on this machine, and it worked in development.

I assumed the installation build would have installed all of the necessary files, but it appears not to be the case.  Would somebody be able to assist me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,053 Views)

When you build your exe, you should include report generate classes.  Otherwise your exe can find the classes, hence error 7.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,037 Views)

I am not sure where to do this?  Is this a check box in the applicaiton build or are there files that I need to include?  if it is files that need to be added, is there a document that lists all the necessary files?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,032 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Terry_S

Include the whole llb in your project, when build exe, add it to always include.

There are similar post in this forum.  You can search it for more detail.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Terry_S

Here is what I found that resoved the problem.  When I created an test application that used the Report Generation VI's in the top level vi,the proper classes were listed in the Dependencies and the application and installation work with no problems.

However in my case, the Report Generation VI's are being used several subvi's down.  In this case the classes were not showing in the dependencies.  Therefore I added the NIReport.llb folder and LVClass folder to my project. Then in my Application build, in the source files section, I Always Included these folders.

My report generation is now working

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,021 Views)