LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run button disabled

Hi everyone!

I’m new to Labview and have encountered an issue while trying to combine two different data types. After this attempt, the Run button is no longer functional. It seems that the problem might be related to the data type combination.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue and get the Run button working again? Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(888 Views)

Hi Mike,

@MikeNIL wrote:

Has anyone experienced something similar

Yes.

@MikeNIL wrote:

any suggestions on how to resolve this issue and get the Run button working again?

Debug your VI and implement valid operations to "combine different datatypes"! (Whatever that means in your message…)

Why don't you show your code so we can actually tell you what you did wrong?

Did you take care of the Training resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(884 Views)

You can also click the broken RUN arrow and it will open a window listing the reason(s) it's broken.  Clicking the reasons will take you to the faulty code.

This is super basic LabVIEW 101.  Check out: LabVIEW Tutorial (ni.com)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(852 Views)

@MikeNIL wrote:

Hi everyone!

I’m new to Labview and have encountered an issue while trying to combine two different data types. After this attempt, the Run button is no longer functional. It seems that the problem might be related to the data type combination.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue and get the Run button working again? 

Unfortunately your description is not clear at all. A run button can be "ready", "broken", or "reserved" and I have never heard the term "disabled". Is it broken? In that case it is not "disabled" and you can just click it to get a list of problems.

Can you explain what you are actually trying to do? What is "combining different datatypes"??? Do you have broken wires because of incompatible source/sinks? Are you trying to create a polymorphic VI? A malleable VI? Something else?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(833 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@MikeNIL wrote:

Hi everyone!

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue and get the Run button working again? 

Unfortunately your description is not clear at all. A run button can be "ready", "broken", or "reserved" and I have never heard the term "disabled".

The full set is:

Run - Off.png  Ready

Run - Broken.png  Broken

Run - Ready.png  Reserved

Run - On.png  Running

Run - Top_Level.png  Running - Top Level

Run - Reentrant.png  Running - Reentrant

Message 5 of 5
(807 Views)