LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about memory control

Solved!
Go to solution

To start other VIs? I like the Asynchronos call, instead of VI server, though is trickier if the front panels are different. This might be a good use case for classes that start some asynch. process themselves?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(360 Views)

@Wlison wrote:

This is a real pain in the ass, so I'm trying to find out if there are any other solutions.😅

The main pain in the ass is to create the umpteenth test executive in LabVIEW. There have been countless attempts by almost as many people over time, very few ended up getting any significant use in a little corner of some company as a proprietary solution. Until its creator moved on and the successor was cursing him for creating such an unmaintainable piece of software! 😃

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 12 of 17
(356 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@Wlison wrote:

This is a real pain in the ass, so I'm trying to find out if there are any other solutions.😅

The main pain in the ass is to create the umpteenth test executive in LabVIEW. There have been countless attempts by almost as many people over time, very few ended up getting any significant use in a little corner of some company as a proprietary solution. Until its creator moved on and the successor was cursing him for creating such an unmaintainable piece of software! 😃

We're probably at our 3rd. Though it's the same guy that's made them all. The biggest benefit it that we don't have to use TestStand. 😄

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(350 Views)

I have read about "QATS" on your company's website. However, the problem I face is more complex, as most of the situations we encounter require multiple products to be tested at the same time, and I have to deal with competing and synchronized testing processes with shared instrumentation between multiple products.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(303 Views)

Haha, it does, but that's a good thing for me, so I can ask the company for a more favorable deal if they can't find someone to replace me. Most importantly I love developing applications with labview.😂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(301 Views)

I do need to go through the test execution engine and start a lot of different VIs for the front panel because they are different test items.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(276 Views)

@Wlison wrote:

I have read about "QATS" on your company's website. However, the problem I face is more complex, as most of the situations we encounter require multiple products to be tested at the same time, and I have to deal with competing and synchronized testing processes with shared instrumentation between multiple products.

QATS handles parallell testing with shared instruments.

A queue is typically a many-to-one function, so if you have many units and 1 instrument it is probably how you want to solve it. It can be 'hidden' inside a class or similar, but somewhere that'll be part of the solution.

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(243 Views)