LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see "id" terminal in Read with Abort(Messenger Channel) in LV 2021

i have a query related to channel wire and have just started using it.

My LabVIEW application is developed in LabVIEW 2018 version and in this i'm using Read with Abort endpoint for Messenger Channel wire. The endpoint created has a terminal(behaving as indicator) called "id" which i beleive gives out the message id of the current message read. Please refer below image

ReadWithAbort_LV2018.png

I want to migrate this application to labview 2021 version. when i opened this project in labview 2021 version, Read with Abort endpoint shows this terminal missing and hence i'm getting error. Please refer below image. As can be seen in this image there's a broken wire due to missing terminal.

ReadWithAbort_LV2021.png

In my code i'm using this 'id' data to pass it's value as an input to "ack(id)" terminal so that the read with abort vi acknowledges the previous message read.

Please guide me if there's a read with abort endpoint available that also has similar 'id' terminal or how can i read message id of the current message read in labview 2021 version

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(329 Views)

@RGrag wrote:

In my code i'm using this 'id' data to pass it's value as an input to "ack(id)" terminal so that the read with abort vi acknowledges the previous message read.

Could you post a minimal example? I am not convinced that coding like this is even doing what you maybe expect.
I think only Enqueuing writes the ID output, at least in 2023. Compare the underlying code (Channel.VI) of your Read with Abort.vi of 2018/2021 for any differences.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(278 Views)