LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLS 9163 interface with LabVIEW 2024

I want to connect NI hardwares like WLS 9163/C-Daq 9191/ WSN NI 9792. Recently I acquired 2024 LabVIEW license, but these hardwares are only compatible to DaQ-mx drivers of version 17.5 or less. 

1. We tried working with DaQ-mx 2024 version, but it is not detecting the devices as expected

2. With DaQ-mx 17.5 installed along with LabVIEW 2024, it was able to detect and communicate with those devices using NI Max. But in LabVIEW environment, DAQ Express VI blocks are not available (In Function palette -> Measurement I/O panel also unavailable).

If anyone has some solutions, do share..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(72 Views)

If you own a legal license of LabVIEW either as active subscription or with an active support contract you are entitled to download and install older versions of LabVIEW. Since you say the latest version supporting your hardware was DAQmx 17.5 you would have to use LabVIEW 2017 SP1 or earlier.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(70 Views)

I have the legal license for 2017 as well, but I also want some additional functionalities that only 2024 license gives. Thats why, looking for an option to ensure compatability.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(61 Views)

Well it's either abandoning some of that hardware or working in LabVIEW 2017. Anything else is a lot of trouble for little or no gain!

You have to use DAQmx 17.5 or earlier, there is no way around that. The only way to get that working in 2024 is to manually copy all the DAQmx VIs and support files from your 2017 installation to 2024.

But! DAQmx is a huge software system and you are guaranteed fo miss some of the files necessary and might not be able to locate them all. In addition NI changed the way drivers are located in LabVIEW around 2022 so the old 2017 ways has a good chance to throw some extra. wrenches in those gears.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(52 Views)