LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is in the LabVIEW 2023 Q3 Patch 4?

I can't find any information about the LabVIEW 2023 Q3 Patch 4 that is now available in the NI Package Manager. Google, Bing and DuckDuckGo give me no results (at the time of writing).

The page https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/bugs/23/labview-2023-q3-bug-fixes.html also does not contain any related information.

Does anyone know anything about this patch?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(604 Views)

No idea.

I did a search and found your post though.......  We are having an issue on a Windows 11 desktop computer where the mouse is moving around and clicking things.  They say it is happening even without a mouse plugged in.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(469 Views)

If a patch just went out for LabVIEW 2023Q3, it is likely due to a security issue or some major bugs that had simple fixes.  Your link to the Bug Fixes is where you should be looking.  I would expect NI to get that page updated.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(455 Views)

Well, it looks like NI is dropping the ball. How hard could it be to update a few lines on the website? The release was (and I posted my question) almost 2 months ago and there have been no updates to the documentation since then.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(421 Views)

Last I saw the end of the release note bug fixes list had items specific to patch 1

~ The wizard formerly known as DerrickB ~
Gradatim Ferociter
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(417 Views)

They have updated their list (link I posted above; not sure when the update happened) and added four entries for Patch 2 and one entry for Patch 3, but nothing for Patch 4.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(412 Views)

@D_mitriy wrote:

Well, it looks like NI is dropping the ball. How hard could it be to update a few lines on the website? The release was (and I posted my question) almost 2 months ago and there have been no updates to the documentation since then.

I know from personal experience with software I maintained, that it can be very hard! 😁

"Why does everyone want to know details about bug fixes they wouldn't understand anyways, and most likely won't even encounter ever in their life? Just take the thing and let me work on the next fantastic feature!"

I don't know about you, but if you have been in software development at all, and as a LabVIEW user you are of course, I'm sure you have been guilty of that too on occasion. 😉

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 18
(411 Views)

I want to know the list of known, fixed and introduced bugs, because this information can (and does) influence my decision whether or not to update. And yes, I also in the software development and am not an innocent. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(402 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

No idea.

I did a search and found your post though.......  We are having an issue on a Windows 11 desktop computer where the mouse is moving around and clicking things.  They say it is happening even without a mouse plugged in.  

My guess would be that this is Windows recognizing a connected device as a mouse and interpreting its data as mouse commands. Before USB was common, Windows would try to automatically recognize what kind of device you have plugged in based on various heuristics (Plug and Play). While USB is no longer new, I wouldn't be surprised if Windows 11 still has this code in it and people using programs written in LV are far more likely than the average user to plug in some relatively rare device to a serial port. Disconnecting whatever they have plugged in is a good way to test this.

(374 Views)

@tst wrote:

@_Bryan wrote:

No idea.

My guess would be that this is Windows recognizing a connected device as a mouse and interpreting its data as mouse commands. Before USB was common, Windows would try to automatically recognize what kind of device you have plugged in based on various heuristics (Plug and Play). While USB is no longer new, I wouldn't be surprised if Windows 11 still has this code in it and people using programs written in LV are far more likely than the average user to plug in some relatively rare device to a serial port. Disconnecting whatever they have plugged in is a good way to test this.

The fun part is that 2 new computers are having the same issue, one is a primary and the other is a backup computer.  The computer uses a mouse, keyboard, monitor and an ethernet DAQ device.  It was written in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 and the only code for the mouse is to change the pointer into a busy icon when checking for the attached DAQ and then goes back to Normal.  So for a test I am going to remove that code and see what happens.  But the other new computers with 2023 Q3 code have not shown the same issue. 

Our IT department can't figure out what is happening and running out of ideas on how to fix it.  So I am just wondering if LabVIEW could possibly be causing it somehow, but I have not found anything.  So I am starting to reach for anything strange at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(345 Views)