LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I click on my camera, the NI-MAX will become unresponsive

I want to control my camera on NI-MAX,but when I click on my camera, the NI-MAX will  always become unresponsive,I try to check the ip of the my camera and NIC,they have no problem.I reinstalled the software, but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to fix it?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(629 Views)

LabVIEW Vision does not support every type of camera.  There are a few IP cameras (Axis, Basler) that I believe are supported, but the Microvision MV-EM200M does not seem to be among them.  You might try searching the Web for "LabVIEW IP Camera".  Here is one such article.  I don't read Chinese, but can tell from your screen shot that MAX can only access two devices directly, "COM1" and an NI USB-6009.  Your camera ("cam0") is "hidden" behind a TCP/IP protocol that has not been properly configured.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(615 Views)

My colleague had successfully used MAX to control this camera, so the camera should be adapted to this software. This camera is connected to the computer using a network interface, so it shows in the network device, its IP address is 192.168.1.101, the IP address of the computer is 192.168.1.100. should also meet the MAX control requirements.

When you mouse right click on this device, its   ‘snap’ and ‘grap’     options are grayed out and cannot be operated, mouse left click on this device, the mouse will turn into a circle and keep turning, the software cannot respond.

Thank you very much for replying to me and giving me advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(609 Views)

The problem with IP Cameras and MAX involves how IMAQdx "maps" IP cameras so that LabVIEW can "see" them.  My second major LabVIEW project was to help a colleague who had experience with LabVIEW Vision, but wanted to film behavioral test stations (up to 24 at a time) with IP cameras.  One problem we quickly discovered is that plugging the Camera into a local IP switch that plugged into a dedicated IP connection on the PC was no problem, but when we wanted to locate the cameras in a testing lab several floors away, and using an IP concentrator of some sort that let us plug in 24 cameras and have it show up as two IP addresses, 12 "ports" for each, that MAX couldn't "see" those cameras.

My colleague, fortunately, knew the name of an NI Engineer who was involved in developing the Vision software.  We managed, with his help, to "reverse-engineer" what we needed to do to configure the .IID and .ICD files that IMAQdx needed.  We did this more than a decade ago, and I do not remember the details, but we did write it up and sent it to NI, so you might be able to find it by looking for "Locating IP cameras on a remote subnet".  I just did such a search, and found mention of some VIs and functions that I think are new, and that might help you locate your IP Camera in MAX.  You'll know you've been successful when MAX shows you a little "Camera" icon under "Devices and Interfaces".  The Camera name, as I recall, had two parts -- one was related to the Camera's IP/port, while the other was a name that we assigned it, based on the Station it was monitoring (we called them things like "Cam01", "Cam02", ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(580 Views)