cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Player size

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am new to Labview software

and I am currently using it for my project, and I try to embed Windows Media Player on it. However, the size always changes depend on the video size that it plays. My question is: How can I size the WMP, so that eventhough I play the 800x600 pixels it will just stay in in original size?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(18,056 Views)

Hi, have you tried using the Container Bounds Property node?.  If it doesn't work out, post your VI.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(18,039 Views)

Actually, you'd need to set the propery on the Windows Media Player ActiveX control. The property you want to set is stretchToFit. You'd want to set that property to False.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(18,034 Views)

How can I use the Container Bounds property node? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(18,005 Views)

Oh I have tried to set the property to have false on the stretch to Fit however it still become larger when I play the video that I wanted. So I'm really confused

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(18,004 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zxvqw

Just create a property node, and set it to all write, put in values and your control will be limited to what size you have put in.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
Message 6 of 20
(17,991 Views)

Thx a lot 😃

yes it works!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(17,972 Views)

i cant do it 😞

anyone can show me the steps :(? newbie here

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(17,680 Views)

@LOL! wrote:

i cant do it 😞

anyone can show me the steps :(? newbie here

reposted here

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(17,644 Views)

@wond3rboy wrote:

Just create a property node, and set it to all write, put in values and your control will be limited to what size you have put in.

I have not tested this for AVIs, however it does not work for palying mp3s. The WMP window still resizes to a default (square) size when it starts playing an mp3.

LV 2009 SP1, Windows XP, WMP 10.00

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(17,387 Views)