LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a three state button in labview?

Hi,

ive never had the need to make a 3 state button. but im up to the challenge

i have code that is used to control digital lines for a product we cycle on and off: count the cycles and enter product info that is traceable etc..

of course my boss saw a user interface  that a outside company wanted to  charge 500k (that includes hardware)

and asked if mine can look more like theirs. mine is not bad but only adds and removes new units

i would like the button that can do the three states like the image attached (play, pause, and stop). thanks in advance for the suggestions

IMG_1633.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(409 Views)

One work around, add a transparent button on top of a image ring and cycle the image as needed based on the button press.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 6
(404 Views)

You can use a picture ring control.

Tristate Button Control - NI Community

Adding Picture Items to Ring Controls

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 3 of 6
(383 Views)

I hope I’m replying to zyong .. the more I think about ur suggestion the more I think it fits. I’ll give it a go . Thanks ..I want to leave the thread open for a day or so to let someone else chime in with ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(375 Views)

hope I’m replying to zyong .. the more I think about ur suggestion the more I think it fits. I’ll give it a go . Thanks ..I want to leave the thread open for a day or so to let someone else chime in with ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(371 Views)

Not sure how the three state button would work here. Maybe you should explain. You press play then it goes to stop state, you press stop state then it goes to pause state. What are the transitions between states.

Attached is a clumsy solution, maybe add a defer panel updates before and after to stop the flicker.

snip.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(359 Views)