LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO shows with yellow exclamation mark in project explorer

I have 6 equal computers running LabVIEW 2023Q3 Debug and Realtime 2023Q1 Debug (Volume license server). One of the computers last week got issue with the Real Time module:

AndersSekanina_3-1726727370239.png

The devices with issue are cRIO-9066.

I have tried:
  • Reinstall all NI software (also remove all NI files) - no luck
  • Switched to my Personal License - no luck
  • Tried with a blank project

Any more ideas, before formatting the PC?

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(178 Views)

Hi Anders,

Ensure you have all the required softwares and drivers on your computer for programming with a cRIO:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PTeSAM&l=en-US

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(126 Views)

The picture posted seems to show the offending items on TARGET:MyComputer.   Since, MyComputer is NOT a RIO Device the RIO items will not work there and the Project Explorer is simply pointing out that it expects a RIO Target.

Somebody removed the RIO Device from the project.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(108 Views)

Everything is installed, I have checked.

And we are also using same NI Package to install all computers, the 5 other computers are working without problems.

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(99 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Same project is working on other PC.

The cRIO are under "Project" and not under "MyComputer"

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(98 Views)

Does the cRIO 9066 show up in NI MAX? It's pretty hard to decipher a redacted picture 😉

What information is available from the warning?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(86 Views)

Yes the cRIOs are shown in MAX.

It says the warning is because of missing software or license. But it is exactly same software and license as the other PCs.

So now I think it's an issues with the registry database, and the easiest solution right now is a format and reinstall, but I would like to know is there is a fix, maybe also if I encounters the problem again.

I have also looked for logfiler for more info, but I can't find it in LabVIEW log file locations I know.

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(60 Views)

@AndersSekanina wrote:

Yes the cRIOs are shown in MAX.

It says the warning is because of missing software or license. But it is exactly same software and license as the other PCs.

So now I think it's an issues with the registry database, and the easiest solution right now is a format and reinstall, but I would like to know is there is a fix, maybe also if I encounters the problem again.

I have also looked for logfiler for more info, but I can't find it in LabVIEW log file locations I know.

When I saw that in the past I often tracked down that the offending install was done without respect for the "Please close all other applications prior to...." prompt or, forgetting to reboot the OS to complete the installation process.   You might want to just wipe the darn <I COULD USE 4 LETTER WORDS OTHER THAN DARN> machine and start again given 5 other machines are working.   

Then, adjust your IQ (installation qualification) procedure documents to reflect changes.  Sometimes you cannot identify why but, User Interactions during installation are the most common problem. 

Computers and computer programs generally just do the same thing over and over as they are programmed to to. Users....meh....Not so much!

Of course,  you should never troubleshoot the general case!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(55 Views)

Hi  Jay

I think I have not expressed me clear enough, the PC had run for 8 months without problem, then one day it got the issue. So the issue did not occur during the installation process.

It is okay, if there is no answer to it other than format and reinstall, but if there were I believe this is the right place to ask.

And if you don't have the answer it is OK not to answer 😉

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(24 Views)

@AndersSekanina wrote:

Hi  Jay

I think I have not expressed me clear enough, the PC had run for 8 months without problem, then one day it got the issue. So the issue did not occur during the installation process.

It is okay, if there is no answer to it other than format and reinstall, but if there were I believe this is the right place to ask.

And if you don't have the answer it is OK not to answer 😉

So, something changed!  I can't tell you what happened-- I was not informed. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10