LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having Trouble in activating labView community edition on iinux

Screenshot from 2024-10-08 14-38-33.png

I'm not able to activate Community edition though the browser says , you are authenticated.

operating system : popos 22.04

LabView version: 2023 q1 community

the background of the image is the browser and the front one is the app.

Pardon me for any missing information , I will try to provide as soon as possible if required.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(172 Views)

Did you download the community edition with the same account you used to activate it? If not, do what the message window says. You do not need to reinstall it after downloading.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(155 Views)

yeah , i did download with same account with which I'm using to activate.

are there any prior steps to get community license.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(131 Views)

Check this out to see (a) if your version of Linux is compatible with the version of LabVIEW you are trying to install and (b) for details on How to Install.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(117 Views)

I checked , it is compatible.

also I'm not able to install labview version 2022 q3

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(89 Views)

@Majistor wrote:

Yes, the latest LabVIEW is still compatible with Pop_OS!, I can confirm.

Installation of the old versions was a bit tricky, because you have to change INSTALL script to support pop_os.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 08.50.04.png

For the latest version - nothing special, just downloaded latest from NI web site, then installed this one, because Pop_OS! is Ubuntu 22.04:

Screenshot 2024-10-09 08.54.22.png

Then executed "sudo apt install ni-labview-2024-community", that is all. On the first run the I need to login to my ni account to activate, without any problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(79 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

@Majistor wrote:

Yes, the latest LabVIEW is still compatible with Pop_OS!, I can confirm.

Installation of the old versions was a bit tricky, because you have to change INSTALL script to support pop_os.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 08.50.04.png

For the latest version - nothing special, just downloaded latest from NI web site, then installed this one, because Pop_OS! is Ubuntu 22.04:

Screenshot 2024-10-09 08.54.22.png

Then executed "sudo apt install ni-labview-2024-community", that is all. On the first run the I need to login to my ni account to activate, without any problem.

N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/home/majistor/Downloads/ni-labview-2022-community-22.3.2-linux/deb/dists/bionic/InRelease' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
Please indicate whether you would like to install the following components:

All available LabVIEW packages have already been installed or cannot
be installed due to package conflicts.
Un-registering pop Feed

I'm getting this error while installing labview2022 q3 but it did get installed and same problem of activation.

what steps did you follow to install version 2024 q3, i did try that but there also no success.

Can it be a issue with browser? I'm using Floorp.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(49 Views)

@Majistor wrote:

what steps did you follow to install version 2024 q3, i did try that but there also no success.

Can it be a issue with browser? I'm using Floorp.

Really nothing special, just download *.zip file from NI's "Download LabVIEW" web page, then go inside of the archive, install appropriate *.deb file, then install ni-labview-2024-community from command line, that is all.

I've used firefox web browser (shipped with pop_os, or installed from shop, I don't rememer). Technically on this installation the LabVIEW 2024 Q1 was already installed, so I just upgraded. Can repeat this experiment from the "scratch" with pop_os "out of the box" with all intermediate steps, but unfortunately have not much time till the end of this week.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(42 Views)

so , I'm thinking to refresh the os then.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(27 Views)