LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initialise.vi

I'm not getting initialise.vi block which checks for in range or coerced functions. Is there any alternative for that?

I'm attatching snapshot of VI with the block marked up for reference

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(267 Views)

Hi ankitham,

ankitham269@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not getting initialise.vi block which checks for in range or coerced functions. …

I'm attatching snapshot of VI with the block marked up for reference

Your screenshot photograph is rather blurry, so we don't have chance to recognize this subVI.

Why don't you attach screenshot images created by any of those snipping tool?

ankitham269@gmail.com wrote:

Is there any alternative for that?

When you know what that subVI does then you can easily recreate the VI from scratch…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(238 Views)

Some suggestions for using the Forum (to get you the best results):

• Don't attach pictures of LabVIEW code.  Especially don't attach camera pictures of a computer screen showing an image of LabVIEW code.
  • Never attach (lossy) .jpg images.  Most snipping or other such tools allow you to create .PNG files (as does LabVIEW itself, on the Edit menu, called a "Snippet").
  • Best is to attach a VI (LabVIEW code).  However, you are probably running a newer version of LabVIEW that I (or @GerdW) has, so we might not be able to open your VI unless you go to the File menu and choose "Save for Previous Version".  You should specify LabVIEW 2019 or 2021.
  • The Flat Sequence should almost never be used by a LabVIEW beginner.  Use the Error Line to serialize your code.  [The Frame Sequence will become useful when you have 2-3 years of LabVIEW experience and learn about FPGA coding].
  • If there is a function you don't understand ("initialize.vi"?), does it have "Help" or a description associated with it?  Can you "open" it?  Can you right-click it and choose "Help"?

Bob Schor

P.S. -- please attach the VI, saved for LabVIEW 2019 or 2021.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(214 Views)

From the blurry pic I would guess that your "Initialize.vi" is just a subVI written by someone else.  Or maybe part of an external package.

Is there some reason you can't just open it and see what's in there?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(198 Views)